Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
[HUB Workbench] Strategic Business Design for Growing Social Enterprises
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM (PST)
San Francisco, United States
About the class
Join LIFT Business Design experts for a 90-minute introduction to Six Point Business Design. LIFT works with small and mid-size social enterprises aiming to grow and increase their impact. LIFT Business Designers use Six Point Business Design to help these organizations meet critical growth milestones (receiving capital, a line of credit, or hiring staff) and when ready connecting them with LIFT investment partners. LIFT services include: Workshops, Consulting, and One-on-one Coaching.
LIFT’s Six Point Business Design will be featured as a multi-session Workbench Plus course in March 2013. The first 90-minute session will provide a framework for you to assess your business systems, and help you craft your company's vision.
The following sessions will cover:
1) Defining and refining mission, vision and values,
2) Designing and fostering a culture that aligns with your mission, vision and values,
3) Creating a marketing and development strategy that works for your business,
4) Developing a sales plan with actionable set of activities,
5) Optimizing operations for sustainable growth,
6) Building and managing appropriate financial systems and impact feedback loops.
LIFT has developed highly effective business design templates and integrates them into the in-workshop exercises. During the session, LIFT Business Designers will address specific challenges, questions and real-world examples. Participants will leave the first session with a clear understanding of what Six Point Business Design is, a framework for business systems assessment, and a clearly defined vision. Plan to join all LIFT sessions for a comprehensive Six Point Business Design.
About Shawn Berry
Shawn Berry is an organizational strategist who has been inspired by a simple vision of integrating natural systems into the urban environment. Shawn first founded the Woodshanti Cooperative in 1997, then joined in the leadership of the Ananda Dhiira Eco Retreat Center in 1999, and founded the Urban Alliance for Sustainability in 2000. In January 2011 he launched LIFT with longtime collaborator Kevin Bayuk, in order to help enterprises that are doing some part of making the world a better place. Kevin Bayuk’s roots are in entrepreneurship, having spent nearly a decade starting and growing technology companies, and activating projects and organizations that regenerate healthy ecosystems and socially just and joyful environments.
When & Where
HUB Workbench helps changemakers develop the skills they need to succeed. Our teachers are activists, artists, and social entrepreneurs who envision a new kind of economy and a new definition of success in business. Our community will help you learn skills, build your project, and change the world.
HUB Workbench is a HUB Bay Area program.
The HUB Bay Area is part of a global community taking collaborative action for a better world. The HUB is an inspiring space, meaningful content and a vibrant global community of people.
We share the following values:
· Placemaking: We value the place around us.
· Collaborative Effort: Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration.
· Ethic of Respect: The Hub is a respectful place. It is safe for diversity, ideas, inspiration, and creativity.
· Building a Better World: Our community honors hopes, dreams, and values.
· Radical Inclusion: All are invited to join and build on the conversation.
Join the HUB Community today and receive discounts on events, classes and professional development opportunities.